Photoshop Elements is the best–selling consumer digital image–editing software on the market and this book is a must–have for visual learners who are eager to get up and running with all the new and improved features of Photoshop Elements 8.
Veteran author Mike Wooldridge covers the most important features of Photoshop Elements, including importing photos from digital cameras and scanners, retouching and repairing damaged photos, enhancing digital images, perfecting group shots with Photomerge, editing images for posting on the Web, using the sharpness interface to correct blurry images, exploring the Curves tool to adjust contract and brightness, and organizing images with auto–stacking.
- Covers the most important features of Photoshop Elements 8, the most popular digital image–editing software program on the market
- Shows how to import photos from digital cameras and scanners, retouch and repair damaged photos, and enhance digital images
- Explains what changing print size, canvas size, and resolution entails
- Walks you through creating a Web photo gallery
- Takes on new topics while also reinforcing the fundamentals to building a solid skill set
- Accompanying Web site provides all the images used in the book so that you can practice along with all the example techniques featured in the book
Packed with examples and featuring helpful tasks, this book will sharpen your photo editing skills so that you can create stunning images.