Food Allergies for Dummies
By: Joe Kraynak(Author)
Are you constantly worrying about what you or your loved ones eat? Is every dining experience an episode of anxiety for you? Being allergic to different types of food not only ruins the experience of eating, it can lead to dangerous, sometimes lethal, consequences.
With Food Allergies for Dummies, you can feel safer about what you eat. This concise guide shows you how to identify and avoid food that triggers reactions. This guide covers how to care for a child with food allergies, such as getting involved with his/her schools allergy policies, packing safe lunches, and empowering him/her to take responsibility for his allergy. You will also discover:
- The signs and symptoms of food allergies
- How to determine the severity of your allergy
- Ways to eat out and travel with allergies
- How to create your own avoidance diet
- Ways to enjoy your meal without allergic symptoms
- How to prevent food allergies from affecting your child
- The latest research being done to treat food allergies
Food Allergies for Dummies also provides an in–depth chapter on peanut allergy and how to spot traces of peanut in your food. With this book, you will feel safer and more comfortable while you eat. And, with plenty of helpful resources such as Web sites and allergy–friendly recipes, youll hardly have to worry about your diet!
"I would thoroughly recommend this book to all serious allergy sufferers" ( Women′s Fitness, September 2007)
||Food Allergies for Dummies
||John Wiley & Sons; 1 edition (23 Mar. 2007)
You can download a free the eBook!
Or read online