Together, PHP & MySQL form the most widely used open source database and scripting technologies on the Web today. As a budding Web Developer, you need to learn and master PHP & MySQL.
Build Your Own Database Driven Website Using PHP & MySQL is a hands-on guide to learning all the tools, principles and techniques needed to build a fully functional database-driven Website using PHP & MySQL.
This book covers everything from installing PHP & MySQL under Windows or Linux, through to building a live Web-based content management system.
It also covers more advanced topics such as the storage of binary data in MySQL, and cookies and sessions in PHP, and comes complete with a set of PHP and MySQL reference tables that include PHP and MySQL syntax, functions, column types and more.
This book not only provides easy access to all the code samples demonstrated, but, more importantly, it leaves you with the confidence and know-how to adapt the principles and techniques to your own Web design projects.
This book will show you how to:
- Build a working Content Management System Add, edit & delete Web content without using HTML
- Setup automatic backups of your database
- Increase your database security (Chapter 8)
- Optimize the loading time of your Website (Chapter 9)
- Build an ecommerce shopping cart (Chapter 12)
- Automatically send email on triggered events (Chapter 10)
- Handle file uploads using HTML forms (Chapter 10)
- Build a Web-based file repository or photo gallery
- Utilize sessions and cookies to track site visitors
- Master MySQL Database Administration. (Chapter 8)
- And a whole lot more
Build Your Own Database Driven Website Using PHP & MySQL is an essential resource for budding Web Developers. If you want to go beyond the limitations of a static site and learn to build dynamic, database-driven Websites, this book will show you how.
Kevin Yank is the Technical Content Director for SitePoint.com, author of many well received tutorials and articles, and editor of the SitePoint Tech Times, an extremely popular technically-oriented email newsletter for Web Developers.